At Afrikrea, we are doing our best to prevent the maximum of frauds. Many internal mechanisms are set up to detect potential fraud and to quickly take action. Those technics are constantly evolving to stay ahead of the fraudsters and their methods.
Most of the frauds are linked to credit card and PayPal accounts thefts, that happen outside of Afrikrea website. We support the risk by always guaranteeing safe transactions between buyers and sellers.
Nevertheless, we can still advice you to be careful:
- Never give your bank information to someone you do not trust.
- Contact your bank for any suspicious transaction on your bank account. Block the transaction if possible. Proceed the same way with your PayPal account.
- Do not type in your password in the presence of someone else.
- Create a complex password: 8 digits minimum, at least 1 number, 1 special digit and a capital letter.
- Change your password regularly, at least 2 times a year.
- Use your Google or Facebook authentication to connect to a public network ( Ex: Starbucks, cybercafé…).
- Never click on a link in an email without reading it and checking the sender’s email address before. The emails we send to you are always in this form: [email protected] If it is not this format, someone is trying to personate an Afrikrea member.
You can find more information on data protection in the article : Data Protection